Frequently Asked Questions
What is the requirement for membership to KTTC Library?
- Student, teaching and non teaching staffs are eligible for membership.Students are registered using class list from the registrar’s office. Staff and external members register by filling in a form obtained in the library accompanied by their passport photographs size for their identification cards.
Have you subscribed to any on line database?
- KTTC Library has subscribed to the journal storage (Jstor) digital library which contains academic journal and books
Where can I do photocopying or printing?
- Library Patrons can borrow materials required for photocopying and leave their IDS With the library staff or security personnel to photocopy materials at the outsourced providers or at the ICT center at a fee. Printing can also be done at the ICT centre at a fee. Alternatively, they can use the library photocopier after paying the charges at the accounts office and getting an official receipt.
What should I do if I loose my student card and I still want to borrow books from the library?
- Student should get a letter from the Dean of Students staying that they have lost their identity cards. However every effort should be made to get a replacement. Staff should report to the library for a replacement.
What is the copyright and how does it affect me as a library user.
- The copyright law permits photocopying of 10% or of any materials for academic purposes. UN authorized photocopying is not permissible and is viewed as a criminal offense. Library patrons are encouraged to observe this law.
Where is Kenya Technical Trainers College located?
- KTTC is located along UN drive, Gigiri adjacent to UNEP headquarter.
What courses does K.T.T.C offer?
- KTTC offers both Technical Teacher Education programs and Non –Teacher Education programme (TEP)-provided in the course information brochure.
Is KTTC a public or private institution?
- KTTC is public /government institution under the state department of science & technology
Which causes are available for non-teacher candidates?
- There is variety of courses available for those not intending to be teachers. The courses are available under the Engineering depts, Information Studies, Business Studies and Entrepreneurship department
What are the minimum qualifications for joining KTTC for Teacher Education programme.
- For the one year diploma in Technical Teacher Education, one needs to have a diploma in a relevant area of specialization.